By Lindsay Oliver
These nachos are out of this world. They’re plant-based, gluten-free, and you can make them vegan too. Plus, sweet potato chips are a great option compared to corn tortillas. Next time you have a get-together, your guests won’t be able to keep their hands off of these and you all can feel great eating them.
What I love about this buffalo cauliflower recipe is that you can also use it to make tacos!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 teaspoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons siracha
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bag sweet potato chips
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese*
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Badia Complete Seasoning (or something similar)
- sliced tomato or cherry tomatos
- sliced olives for topping
- fresh cilantro for topping
*I tried making my nachos with vegan cheddar cheese and LOVED it. Vegan cheese has always scared me and now I’m mad I never let it become part of my life sooner.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets, olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While that’s roasting, heat up the blackbeans on low heat the stove. I like to mix in a little bit of my favorite seasoning, Badia Complete Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, sriracha, oil, and lime juice.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the bowl and mix to coat.
- Scatter the sweet potato chips over the baking sheet. Top with the cauliflower, cheese, and black beans.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, olives, and tomatoes. Serve warm.