Written by: Sandy Manuel, LDN, RD
I made this Sunday for the family, my kids will even eat this and it does reheat well for lunch during the week. I did black beans as a side dish.
1 lbs. shrimp, peeled and tails off prior to cooking
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
2 Bell Pepper- red and green (feel free to substitute with yellow), slice small and thin
1 Red Onion, sliced small and thin
5 mushrooms sliced thin
½ tsp garlic powder
1 fresh lime
½ tsp onion powder
2 tsp Chili powder
½ tsp Cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, shrimp, olive oil, spices, and lemon juice. Toss to combine. (I let mine marinate for about 3 hours, I have also put the ingredients together the morning before, leaving In the refrigerator until I was ready to cook).
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or lightly coat pan with olive oil.
- Spread shrimp, onion, pepper, mushrooms on baking sheet,
- Cook at 450 for about 8 minutes, then change to broil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortilla and fresh cilantro