1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup (4 tbsp.) soften unsalted butter
1 medium size banana
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 large Egg
2 ¼ Rolled Oats
1 cup (steamed) dried cranberries (see steaming directions)
½ cup chopped pecans
- Steaming Dried Cranberries- In a glass bowl add 1 cup cranberries and then add ¾ cup boiling water. Cover bowl and let sit for 30 minutes, then drain excess liquid in colander set aside until ready for use. This will keep the cranberries from drying out your cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together butter, banana and sugars. Add in the honey, vanilla, and egg and continue beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture until combined. Add oats continue to mix. Add cranberries and pecans. Fold in until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon in dough onto greased cookie sheets (about ¼ cup in size). Flatten slightly with spoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes.